- Grammar quiz:
- Take the 50-question Grammar Mastery Test.
- When you’re done, click the Grade Quiz button at the bottom of the page and review your responses.
- Print out and closely study the Quiz Results page.
- Take the test again until you score 50/50 (aka 100%)
- Bring to class a printed copy (or screen grab) of the final score.
You’ll find that this test quiz will be a big help in the graded quiz on Thursday.
- Electronic clip file
- Create an account on Diigo.com.
- Follow the instructions for placing a bookmarklet on your Web browser’s bookmarks bar.
- Bookmark and tag a few sites (you can keep them private if you like).
LINKS WE REVIEWED IN OUR NEWS-GATHERING SESSION
All news gathering rests on three pillars: interviews, observation and background research:
- NY TIMES: THE PUBLIC EDITOR; Weapons of Mass Destruction? Or Mass Distraction?
- Maureen Dowd: Woman Of Mass Destruction
- Digital Journalist’s Legal Guide
- Free Poynter course: Newsgathering Law & Liability: A Guide for Reporting
- Greenwald/Gregory video
- Poynter: Journalists react to controversial questions David Gregory asked Glenn Greenwald